Making it all work:
- Pump as often as baby nurses when you are separated if possible.
- Frequency of pumping will influence supply more than duration.
- Power pump if output needs a boost: 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off for an hour for several days in a row.
- Try a hands free pumping bra to allow you to massage (or eat 🙂 ) while you are pumping.
- Occasional variation in output is normal.
If your output begins to drop, start by checking your membranes/duckbills for wear and rips. If this does not resolve the issue, please call us and we can help you trouble shoot!
Our IBCLCs are here to help you with all of your pumping needs! We offer a monthly Back to Work Class to teach you all of the ins and outs of pumping and storing milk. We are also happy to see you in the office or in the comfort of your home for a personalized private consultation. Call us at 847-398-0434 for details on available packages and ala carte services to help you reach your breastfeeding goals.